– High Peaks Solar builds, owns, operates, and maintains a solar project.
– Solar panels from the farm are allocated to members based on their need.
– Utility company has a list of all participating members
– Electricity is sold to customers, who receive credits on their bill.
– Credits offset BOTH Supply and Delivery charges, but not basic service charge.
– Sign up for a better electricity rate than National Grid.
– Steady rate for 1, 5, or 20 years.
– Two bills; 1 from National Grid and 1 from High Peaks Solar.
– Billed Monthly at the same budgeted rated.
– 60 Day Opt-out window
– First option to re-enlist
– Upfront Payment Required
– No Monthly bill from High Peaks Solar
– 20 Years of Solar Credits
– No Tax Credit Hassle
– Production Guarantee
For more information from NYSERDA and the NY-Sun team regarding Community Solar, please visit this link: http://ny-sun.ny.gov/Get-