High Peaks Solar is building a solar farm and is looking for customers to purchase solar electricity.
There are ways to opt into the project that require no money up front, or ways to opt in that require a prepayment.
Located at 566 Brunswick Road, Troy, N.Y. members of the Hope United Methodist Church decided to host a solar farm on their property. The Church entered into a land lease agreement with High Peaks Solar to offer their site for this project. This mostly open field will make a great spot for a productive solar farm due to its sun exposure.
– High Peaks Solar builds, owns, operates, and maintains a solar project.
– Solar panels from the farm are allocated to members based on their need.
– Utility company has a list of all participating members
– Electricity is sold to customers, who receive credits on their bill.
– Credits offset BOTH Supply and Delivery charges, but not basic service charge.
– Sign up for a better electricity rate than National Grid.
– Steady rate for 5 years.
– Two bills; 1 from National Grid and 1 from High Peaks Solar.
– Billed Monthly at the same budgeted rated.
– 60 Day Opt-out window
– First option to re-enlist
– Auto Pay
– Upfront Payment Required
– No Monthly bill from High Peaks Solar
– 20 Years of Solar Credits
– No Tax Credit Hassle
– Production Guarantee
For more information from NYSERDA and the NY-Sun team regarding Community Solar, please visit this link: http://ny-sun.ny.gov/Get-