High Peaks Solar is building a solar farm this spring along with Bullrock Solar.
There are ways to opt into the project that require no money up front, or ways to opt in that require a prepayment.
Located at 566 Brunswick Road, Troy, N.Y. members of the Hope United Methodist Church decided to host a solar farm on their property. The Church entered into a land lease agreement with High Peaks Solar to offer their site for this project. This mostly open field will make a great spot for a productive solar farm due to its sun exposure.
– High Peaks Solar builds, owns, operates, and maintains a solar project.
– Solar panels from the farm are allocated to members based on their need.
– Utility company has a list of all participating members
– Electricity is sold to customers, who receive credits on their bill.
– Credits offset BOTH Supply and Delivery charges, but not basic service charge.
– Sign up for a better electricity rate than National Grid.
– Steady rate for 5 years.
– Two bills; 1 from National Grid and 1 from High Peaks Solar.
– Billed Monthly at the same budgeted rated.
– 60 Day Opt-out window
– First option to re-enlist
– Auto Pay
– Upfront Payment Required
– No Monthly bill from High Peaks Solar
– 20 Years of Solar Credits
– No Tax Credit Hassle
– Production Guarantee
For more information from NYSERDA and the NY-Sun team regarding Community Solar, please visit this link: http://ny-sun.ny.gov/Get-